Adding on to the CentOS PostgreSQL 9.5 scripts below, I've added a version for Debian Jessie (8.3).
Please read the README and use only on a clean install!
As with the CentOS scripts, it adds some basic security steps:
- Creates a minimally privilaged user (pgadmin - change to whatever you like)
- Disables root log in
- Sets the SSH port to 3838 (change to whatever you like).
- Sets root, postgres, admin, and ssl pass to 32 chars
- Installs IP tables (if you want to use firwalld, comment the appropriate lines as noted).
- Configures Webmin for managing PostgreSQL
- Installs a self-signed SSL for PostgreSQL
- Updates pga_hba.conf to MD5 and SSL
- Updates postgresql.conf for SSL and remote connections.
Once completed, it will display the new passwords for pgadmin, root, postgres, and ssl as well as write them to an auth.txt file
: Example Output at End of Script
Passwords saved in /root/auth.txt
pg pass: DqVnavTlCXcSKfHprgUtjF-20rpfsKui
ssl pass: yxaQJCXgudTw19XEOMPdZzNd5n6rwVOG
pgadmin pass: A0RUHtPfSFC82mHeDP_ixrRavk7itgkE
root pass: RvZDHkZv-AeQS-ce0Mcnif7GxmmJ-zxN